Charleston, SC – IBT Structural Insulated Panel (SIP) Construction
5 Bedroom, 3-1/2 Bath, 2 Car Garage
Living Area – 4,750 sq. ft.
This project is an example of what’s possible with IBT SIP Panels.
Send us your blueprints and we’ll price out the construction with our panels.
With IBT pre-cut panels, you have a ready-to-assemble system that speeds construction and nearly eliminates jobsite waste. Pre-cut panels arrive at the jobsite labeled and ready to assemble.
What is the design and manufacturing process?
IBT develops panel pre-cut drawings using architectural drawings and specifications provided by the client, architect or builder. Once the drawings have been approved, the window and door openings, electric boxes, and any other cutting requirements such as nailers are programmed into the manufacturing process. Each SIP is labeled and corresponds to the drawing for quick identification and assembly. IBT will work with your designer and contractor to maximize the efficiency and success of your SIP home.
A typical Innovative Building Technologies Standard Panelized Housing Package includes:
- Three sets of construction prints “sealed by an engineer” and numbered shop drawings for panel assembly
- All wall panels and roof panels
- Any required beams and load bearing walls
- Second floor joists (when applicable)
- All fasteners and caulking
- Pre-cut door and window openings
- Pre-cut gable wall and side wall
- Pre-cut roof trusses and panels
- Any necessary steel 2x4s
Our SIP system is based on a 4’ x 8’ structural insulation panel composed of steel framing filled with expanded polyurethane.
Exterior sheathing options are available. Example: dimension 2×4 studs located in the center of a 4′ panel. This gives the builder the same format that he or she is familiar with by imitating conventional 16″ centers with a single bottom plate, two top plates, and header/king trimmer assemblies. Exterior brick, vinyl siding, cement board or other is applied by self tapping screws through the metal frames
You’ll also gain access to a team of technical professionals and a range of resources including:
- Support and information for builders, including product specifications, structural capabilities, connection details, and fastening requirements
- Support for professionals, from direction and details to complete construction drawings specific to each job
- An on-site Technical Assistant can be made available, as an option, for job-site consultation
We can refer prospective contractors in your building area to you.
Prices and plans listed are subject to change without notice and may require modifications to meet your local building code requirements.